HOW TO REGISTER & BID
- Register with Richmond Auto Auction by filling out a public registration form. You will need a valid Driver’s License to register.
- Online bidders must complete registration by Thursday at 5pm
- If you would like to bid online, you must also create an account with www.EdgePipeline.com
- Call the office at 804-232-7355 for assistance.
- Attend our vehicle inspection on Thursday from 9:00am—4:30pm.
- Arrive early. Doors open at 7:30am and the Auction starts at 8:30am.
- Pay your $1,000 deposit with credit card (+4% convenience fee) or debit card (no fee).
- We do not accept cash
- Obtain a bidder badge and wear it visibly.
- BID OBVIOUSLY and ask for assistance from auction staff if you do not understand anything.
- If you have the winning bid:
- See office staff for paperwork.
- Your deposit will immediately be applied to the total price of the vehicle.
- Pay for your vehicle, in full, no later than 4:00pm on the following business day.
- After paying for your vehicle, you will receive a Gate Pass that allows you to remove the vehicle. This must be done before 4:30pm on weekdays
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL AUCTION EXPERIENCE
- Carefully inspect all vehicles you are interested in during Preview (Thur. 9am-4:30pm & Fri. 7:30am-8:30am)
- Decide on a price range you are willing to pay.
- Don’t forget to add buy fees to your price when setting a budget.
- Go online to Kelly Blue Book to check current prices of used vehicles.
- Familiarize yourself with all terms of the Auction.
- Watch for your selected vehicle to be auctioned and listen to ALL announcements regarding the condition of the vehicle.
- All “Green Light” vehicles may be test driven before you pay the remaining balance.
- Temporary two-day trip permits can be obtained online on DMV’s website at RAA’s tech center in the main office. They cost $5.
- To avoid storage and late payment fees, pay in full and remove your vehicle by 4:30pm on the business day following the auction.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BIDDING!